This is my classic cookie recipe, a no-fail, tried and true and ridiculously easy cookie. It takes so little time and they’re absolutely delicious! These are perfect peanut butter cookies done bakery-style right in your kitchen. Since it’s such a simple recipe, I don’t shy away from advising you to add things in like a cup of chocolate chips or even some nuts. Do as ye will!
1 cup white sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare your baking sheets (I like using Silpats)
- Begin by combining your peanut butter and sugar together in an electric mixer. Add in the egg and beat until fully incorporated
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto your baking sheets and roll into little balls about 2” apart
- Lightly dip a fork in some sugar and press into the tops of cookies to get that signature peanut butter cookie crosshatch
- Pop them into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden & set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and enjoy!