Coconut Banana Bread is perfect for anyone who wants to expand their banana bread horizons! The tangy lime glaze cuts the sweetness of the bread and adds a nice citrus kick!
For the bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3½ very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened organic coconut flakes, divided (I love this kind the most!)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Place sugar and butter in an electric mixer or large bowl and beat together until well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add the banana, yogurt, lime juice, and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat at a low speed until just blended.
- Fold in the ½ cup of coconut.
- Spoon mixture into the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with the extra 1 tablespoon coconut. Bake at 350° for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and lime juice with a whisk and set aside until the bread has baked.
- Cool for 10 minutes in a pan on a wire rack before removing your bread from the pan.
- Drizzle glaze over warm bread, then let cool completely on a wire rack before digging in. Enjoy!
I hope you’ll try this recipe out whenever you feel like doing something a little different with your ripe bananas 🙂 This was a hit with everyone who tasted it, and it’s a perfect pre-summer treat to enjoy for a snack or for breakfast.